You could really, really benefit from lifting weights and/or doing some body weight exercises multiple times per week! Let me share with you just a few benefits of gaining muscle mass on purpose as you age, this means everyone (ESPECIALLY if you’re a woman over 30)!!
Benefits of increasing muscle mass:
- Live Longer (click for study on longevity)
- Metabolic Flexibility (your body’s ability to use stored fat for energy instead of only glucose or carbs you eat) i.e. moving you away from Diabetes & away from Insulin Resistance & back to a normal blood sugar…which has MASSIVE IMPLICATIONS for how you feel, your pain levels, and your health in general. Watch your need for prescription drugs to PLUMMET as you balance your blood sugar and stop eating in ways that create huge blood sugar spikes
- Prevent Falls & Other Injuries if your muscles are strong, you have better body control, better balance and stability in your body, and your joints, ligaments & tendons are much better protected
- Energy Levels Increase as you gain muscle mass – you’re able to endure longer in your favorite activities and increase your stamina as you get stronger
- Your Adjustments Hold Longer as you’re making efforts to increase your muscle mass, particularly in your core/spine area – you’re ensuring that your posture is improving and less stress is being placed on your spine
- Remember: It doesn’t have to be overwhelming, even a 2.5lb weight while you’re sitting in a chair is a start; don’t need to be intimidated, start slowly, but start!! Now is the time, don’t wait! If you need help, we can offer lots of suggestions for hiring a trainer, joining Silver Sneakers, or finding a good YouTube resource to do it at home! The bottom line is, you will never waste a moment dedicating to helping your body get stronger!