Excerpt from the article by Dr. Axe, read the full article @ https://draxe.com/ezekiel-bread/
When compared to breads that are made with grains that haven’t been sprouted, sprouted grain breads are the following:
- A form of complete protein: Ezekiel bread contains 18 amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, including all nine essential amino acids.
- Increase their digestibility: This happens because sprouting breaks down starches in grains and turns them into more easily digested simple sugars.
- Increase how well their vitamin and minerals can be absorbed: Sprouting breaks down anti-nutrients, or the enzyme inhibitors that can interfere with your ability to absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc found in the grains.
- Increase the vitamin and mineral concentration:Vitamin C, the B vitamins and vitamin E all become more concentrated when sprouting.
- A high source of dietary fiber:Sprouted breads are made using a combination of sprouted whole grains and legumes, both of which have high fiber contents that help digestion and make you feel full.
Ezekiel bread is a much healthier option than most other breads. However, that being said, for most people who are looking to reverse disease or to reach a healthier weight, I usually recommend staying away from grains altogether, at least for a period of time.