The answer is simple: Without them, we couldn’t process food! Digestive enzymes are produced in your salivary glands, lining of your stomach, pancreas, and the lining of your small & large intestines. Sometimes people don’t produce adequate amounts of enzymes, this could be for a variety of reasons (aging, stress, bowel or pancreatic diseases, low stomach acid, poor diet). Because of this, there are 3 main reasons why most people should take digestive enzymes as a supplement to their diet:
- Help heal leaky gut by taking stress off the GI tract.
- Assists the body in breaking down difficult-to-digest protein and sugars like gluten, casein and lactose.
- Greatly improve symptoms of acid reflux, bloating and IBS.
- Enhance nutrition absorption and prevent nutritional deficiency.
- Counteract enzyme inhibitors naturally in foods like peanuts, wheat germ, egg whites, nuts, seeds, beans and potatoes.
If you have any type of digestive disease such as acid reflux, gas, bloating, leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, malabsorption, diarrhea or constipation, then digestive enzymes can help. Digestive enzymes can take stress off of the stomach, pancreas, liver, gallbladder and small intestine by helping break down difficult-to-digest proteins, starches and fats.
Excerpts from & read more about digestive enzymes at: https://draxe.com/digestive-enzymes/