There are so many reasons why having daily bowel movements is *KEY* to re-gaining or maintaining your health! While it’s not a subject people love to discuss, we really need to. Constipation can cause you to be fatigued, decreases nutrient absorption, causes back pain in addition to other joint pains, and the list could go on and on. Constipation can be caused by magnesium deficiencies, stress/anxiety, inactivity, thyroid problems, and lack of good intestinal bacteria. For today’s purposes, let’s just discuss the fact that you should be having at least 1 bowel movement every day. If you’re not…try one of these actions to get things going and help your body function better:
- Increase fiber in your diet from raw fruits & vegetables, especially green leafy ones because of their magnesium content
- Increase water intake, fiber needs water in order to move through your system
- Start your day with a glass of warm water with the juice of 1 lemon squeezed into it; this helps get your intestines moving and also has an “alkaline” effect on your body which is so healthy!
- ½ Cup of Organic Aloe Vera Juice 2x/day, try mixing it into your favorite juice
- Drink a cup of hot Peppermint Herbal Tea 1-2x/day
- Try a magnesium supplement like “Natural Calm”, which mixes into warm water. Drink before bed. An added bonus is it will help your muscles relax!
- Avoid pasteurized dairy products and refined white flour