Join us TUESDAY Feb 20th Foam Roller Workshop!
This workshop is all about “hands-on” & “how-to” use your foam roller to properly work out your muscles! So, bring yours with you and come spend 20 minutes learning how to use it!
5 Benefits to Using a Foam Roller For Your Muscles
- Improved flexibility and increased joint range of motion Newer research, shows foam roller exercises before an activity can lead to an increase in flexibility…even better than “static” stretching!
- Better circulation Because blood carries oxygen throughout the body, good circulation becomes crucial to overall health. Among other reasons, a decrease in our circulation can lead to a whole host of problems like numbness in our limbs, impaired cognitive ability (the ability to think clearly!) and a weak immune system. Myofascial release can help improve circulation by breaking up the tight areas where blood flow may become restricted.
- Stress reduction Foam roller exercises can help reduce stress post-workout. One study found myofascial release can lower cortisol, your stress hormone that you want to seriously dial down after a strenuous workout.
- Reduce exercise-related soreness Research finds foam rolling can substantially reduce the chances of that soreness creeping in so that you don’t spend the day after your first cycling class stuck on the couch wondering why your legs hate you so much.
- Prevent injury Treating an injury becomes much easier when you avoid it in the first place.