It’s Real-Food article week here at Clearview, and I thought in light of most of us eating more meals at home – I’ll share with y’all a really good, really fun homemade pizza recipe that my family loves! You’ll find the original Pinterest link below…but here I’m giving you my personal spin on it because we try to eat clean and healthy. So, you’ll notice some specific things listed because these things are important to me, i.e. einkorn flour has gluten but it’s an ancient-grain, all organic, non-GMO and has been tested glyphosate-free (that’s Roundup-free). Check the link below to see where I purchase mine! We don’t eat pork, so grassfed ground beef is our go-to and uncured turkey pepperonis. I’ll leave it up to you which veggies you prefer, but if you ask me…I’ll have bell peppers, mushrooms and pineapples on mine 😉
Crazy Crust Pizza Serves 4-6 people; 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pkg uncured turkey pepperoni
- ½ lb grassfed beef
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 2-4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼-½ cup each of your favorite veggie toppings sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease and flour a 10×15-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, eggs, and milk, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and tilt pan around until bottom is evenly coated. Sprinkle the cooked meat, pepperoni, and veggies over the batter. (Save some toppings for top if desired.) Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with pizza sauce and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Add additional toppings if desired.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 5 more minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Original Pinterest Link for Crazy Crust Pizza: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/429671620702818544/