Join us TUESDAY Feb 19th for our Foam Roller Workshop! This workshop is all about “hands-on” & “how-to” use your foam roller to properly work out your muscles! So, bring yours with you and come spend 20 minutes learning how to use it effectively!
- Improved flexibility and increased joint range of motion Newer research shows foam roller exercises before an activity can lead to an increase in flexibility…even better than “static” stretching!
- Prevent injury & even Subluxation Treating an injury becomes much easier when you avoid it in the first place! Having muscles that are properly stretched and cared-for is an essential for injury prevention. Another great benefit to foam rolling, particularly in the spinal column is that it can actually prevent subluxations from recurring, particularly in the thoracic area. How many of us spend too much time hunched over a desk or laptop, maybe looking down at our phones too much? If you learn how to properly foam roll your upper back that could greatly reduce stress, pain, tightness in your upper back which leads to misalignments (subluxations)!
- Better circulation Because blood carries oxygen throughout the body, good circulation becomes crucial to overall health. Among other reasons, a decrease in our circulation can lead to a whole host of problems like numbness in our limbs, impaired cognitive ability (the ability to think clearly!) and a weak immune system. Myofascial release (which foam rolling does) can help improve circulation by breaking up the tight areas where blood flow may become restricted.
- Stress reduction Foam roller exercises can help reduce stress post-workout. One study found myofascial release can lower cortisol, your stress hormone that you want to seriously dial down after a strenuous workout.
- Reduce exercise-related soreness Research finds foam rolling can substantially reduce the chances of that soreness creeping in so that you don’t spend the day after a big workout stuck on the couch with extreme soreness.